-->
GameMoor
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GameMoorLog in

Did oW Just Die?

descriptionDid oW Just Die? - Page 3 EmptyRe: Did oW Just Die?

more_horiz
Calibri wrote:
Looks like oW is up again - if this was an update, it better have been a worthy one.
that's just it, we don't know what they updated. There's nothing that changed, any gives at all?

more_horiz
I can safely say, I have had no issues getting on Ow today. Just tried again and it seems to be working for me fine.

more_horiz
Well, that was a pretty big Uno reverse card.

However this is still a very odd occurrence for oW to just randomly go down the way it did. Something must have been updated.

more_horiz
Is oW down for anyone right now?
Currently facing the same issues as what happened last night.

more_horiz
yes. I logged out and tried to log in and it said an error occurred on the server, sorry it did not work out.

more_horiz
Prince Adam wrote:
yes. I logged out and tried to log in and it said an error occurred on the server, sorry it did not work out.

It seems to have come back up just now.

Not really liking the random blackouts as of recent.

more_horiz
well, now im back in again. what is going on with the servers? blackout or what have it?

more_horiz
Prince Adam wrote:
well, now im back in again. what is going on with the servers? blackout or what have it?

I'm not necessarily sure. However from what I've seen, there may be a back-up plan if the servers were to go down for good.

more_horiz
I'll tell you what happened: the server REVERSED itself. People who bought stuff have their coins back and the items gone, stuff they know they deleted came back, such and such. I myself offered on someone's almost complete Cracker Jack collection and now I have to do it again.

more_horiz
Calibri wrote:
I'll tell you what happened: the server REVERSED itself. People who bought stuff have their coins back and the items gone, stuff they know they deleted came back, such and such. I myself offered on someone's almost complete Cracker Jack collection and now I have to do it again.

So, wait, you're saying the server loaded an older instance of itself?  Shocked Has something like that ever happened before?

Oh boy, my brain hurts.

more_horiz
xDovahOW wrote:
Calibri wrote:

So, wait, you're saying the server loaded an older instance of itself?  Shocked Has something like that ever happened before?

Oh boy, my brain hurts.

Yep, once. In like 2016 or so. But less people were affected by that one.

more_horiz
Calibri wrote:
xDovahOW wrote:
Calibri wrote:

Oh boy, my brain hurts.

Yep, once. In like 2016 or so. But less people were affected by that one.

Ah, gotcha! I think around then I was mostly lurking around Playtest and Zendesk heavily. That and probably playing Minecraft. (Definitely playing Minecraft.)

I'm curious as to what initially caused the server to revert back to an older instance, whether it was a manual switch or automatic. Regardless I'm still looking to see from the staff for an official message on why the server reverted and why oW was closed down for a brief period of time with no warning.

more_horiz
hello everyone,

i have another big issue, i lost all the flows i saved in the last 24h, flow farming and digging, it's something like 774 flows lost!
no no no, this is not fair ): 774 flow lost it's too much!

more_horiz
Anyone else with this problem?

more_horiz
Elize wrote:
Anyone else with this problem?

After having to jump ship from my main account (Dovahx, was named xDovah until, obviously, I made a new main account), I haven't cared much on leveling up. My Flow count hasn't been affected, then again I haven't done much in terms of interactivity on oW. If anything I check for messages, comments, and maybe the occasional random whisper from people thanking me for my contributions. You're welcome! Happy to help! I love you

more_horiz
every two or three days I dig all the rooms so I can collect a lot of flow, and yesterday was a big amount ):
really depressed

everything has regressed to 24h ago

more_horiz
"reading data from game52.ourworld.com"

game52.ourworld.com is a new server? never saw before  Did oW Just Die? - Page 3 1f615 scratch

more_horiz
Elize wrote:
"reading data from game52.ourworld.com"

game52.ourworld.com is a new server? never saw before  Did oW Just Die? - Page 3 1f615 scratch

Game52, I believe, has been around for a little while, just a bit underutilized. I want to say for the most part, Game1-3 are mostly used. I could be wrong, though.

more_horiz
So I've gotten some pretty key information as to why oW may've went black the other day. I have two screenshots; one that's a bit messy but somewhat details what happened in the past 24 hours of this post, and another detailing a possibility as to why oW went black.

Just as a side note, all credit goes to the ones who have allowed me to share this info publicly, and all names will be held anonymous. All info given is purely speculation at this point in time.
Did oW Just Die? - Page 3 Unknown
Did oW Just Die? - Page 3 Unknown

more_horiz
Thanks for all the explainations and infos you share, you are really reliable (:

What does they mean by "coin generation"?

more_horiz
Elize wrote:
What does they mean by "coin generation"?

So this explanation is going to be based off of the web version of oW when it still existed, and this is from my memory.

At some point in time, there have been people who either made or stole accounts and used them to basically make money on generating Coins via Flow Farming. These accounts were all automated, meaning there was very little human interaction with these accounts. For example, all the accounts you may have seen with strange names, look to be low-leveled accounts with Flow boosters for the most part, or the ones who always camped out in Beat Street? Those accounts were most likely used for botting Coins.
Did oW Just Die? - Page 3 OUgPRXrJ2d0Unfcn4sqCE5dlNzYwKl1zvZQ1aoW5FBo0cIJnLTmFJDrUDdYBrsmyRJ0iqHTGJsGLzMbMFYG4jw7Dz6A0P5ewQPiX

What the actual method of FF was used is unknown to me, and I believe even to this day there were accounts botting for Coins. I could be wrong in some if not most aspects of my explanation as I'm going by what very little I remember, so I'm very sure there are others that can give a better explanation.

more_horiz
From what I know from some people there was one guy who made thousands of accts to generate and sell coins on PA. Idk if he's still around anymore. Not only would his accts be on beat street he would have accts on every server and every place at the same time.

Still can't understand what happened yesterday being that everyone I've spoken to that had windows couldn't log in and the others I've talked to that have a Mac could. Maybe a coincidence, but seems really odd.

more_horiz
im online right now.. maybe it waz just a bug or some thing, wasnt there some one who made a dlc thingy or something where u an pick witch servers to go to a wile back? idk, still weird

more_horiz
ashley8547 wrote:
wasnt there some one who made a dlc thingy or something where u an pick witch servers to go to a wile back? idk, still weird

I believe you're referring to this post.

more_horiz
Hey everyone. I'm getting a little bit nervous, I can't login no matter what, I'm still getting the same error message (invalid login/password). I even changed my password and still nothing. Is there anything I can do? Am I locked out of OW forever?

more_horiz
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum