-->
GameMoor
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GameMoorLog in

Did oW Just Die?

descriptionDid oW Just Die? - Page 2 EmptyRe: Did oW Just Die?

more_horiz
outlines wrote:
I play GaiaOnline, IMVU, VegasWorld..I've been trying to find other games. Second life confused me a lot

Second Life hurts my brain, and I need to keep my two brain cells intact.

more_horiz
xDovahOW wrote:
outlines wrote:
xDovahOW wrote:
outlines wrote:
I was hoping this wouldn't turn into a weeworld situation..but it seems as of rn it did.

Howdy!

Can't say personally on Weeworld, however this definitely has DownWorld closure vibes.

However at least with DownWorld they had the decency to publicly announce the game's last day before the game went defunct.

Weeworld's site closed randomly while people were playing. Some assumed there was a hacker who messed up the whole site. but according to google it ceased operations in 2017 and there still has been no answer, no one knew and still don't know what happened or if the hacker thing was true, and the website is gone.

I remember being so upset when DownWorld closed, I didn't understand why it closed.

It closed down due to, get this, loss of revenue. It costed them [Flowplay] too much money to keep DownWorld afloat. Sound familiar?

But yeah, we've all made a lot of memories on oW. Coming from a 2009 player, I've done all kinds of stuff on oW, like hang out with friends at Sideshow watching YouTube videos, make oWMV's, you name it. It's just a shame that it all comes to an end so abruptly.

I had multiple accounts, oh man i remember SideShow and staying up all night watching them because I thought it was so cool..how active everyone was at parties back in the day and didn't have as many trolls.

more_horiz
xDovahOW wrote:
outlines wrote:
I play GaiaOnline, IMVU, VegasWorld..I've been trying to find other games. Second life confused me a lot

Second Life hurts my brain, and I need to keep my two brain cells intact.

same lmaoo

more_horiz
outlines wrote:
I had multiple accounts, oh man i remember SideShow and staying up all night watching them because I thought it was so cool..how active everyone was at parties back in the day and didn't have as many trolls.

I loved the idea of SideShow. That was back when they still had the Bejeweled Shop and the OG song library in Dance Planet.

Much better times.

more_horiz
xDovahOW wrote:
outlines wrote:

I loved the idea of SideShow. That was back when they still had the Bejeweled Shop and the OG song library in Dance Planet.

Much better times.

this hits hard. I wish the staff still cared about ourWorld..

more_horiz
outlines wrote:
xDovahOW wrote:
outlines wrote:

Much better times.

I'd be perfectly happy if Flowplay finally decided to give the source code out to a team who would actively work on the game and make it as good as it used to be. A brand new team with a new set of ideas, creativity, etc. could've really helped this game.

But however that'd be doing a huge fan service, and doing something good for the oW community.

However, I've completely lost track of time and I need to waltz myself to bed, as I need to manage to wake myself up at 5:30am for work. Oops.

more_horiz
xDovahOW wrote:
outlines wrote:
xDovahOW wrote:
outlines wrote:

Much better times.

I'd be perfectly happy if Flowplay finally decided to give the source code out to a team who would actively work on the game and make it as good as it used to be. A brand new team with a new set of ideas, creativity, etc. could've really helped this game.

But however that'd be doing a huge fan service, and doing something good for the oW community.

However, I've completely lost track of time and I need to waltz myself to bed, as I need to manage to wake myself up at 5:30am for work. Oops.

you're good! goodnight!

more_horiz
oh and if ourworld is gone, then why is the site still up? that's odd, shouldn't the site be down and gone too?

more_horiz
Hello,

so sad, i'm really so sad ):

just registered to say hello and goodbay at the same time

uh, it's really unfair what they did

more_horiz
i agree. its stupid.

more_horiz
We will never understand these people, let's face it. -_-'

more_horiz
what other games r like ow but better and still running strong?

more_horiz
Prince Adam wrote:
oh and if ourworld is gone, then why is the site still up? that's odd, shouldn't the site be down and gone too?

I'm still going to try to login in the morning and see if it's still down. Usually the site would stay up for a bit to either give notice or will be there until the developers get rid of it. Most of the game sites will like give notice and will keep the website running but no one can play (Sorry I'm horrible at explaining). I remember when a game called Zwinky shut down they gave a notice for at least a month or two and then their website was just a page saying goodbye and then after a while the website went away.

more_horiz
Heyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

i'm in game O_o

more_horiz
hey y'all i was actually able to login..so it's up still

more_horiz
Elize wrote:
Heyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

i'm in game O_o

i just logged in to lmaoo

more_horiz
this is new, now when i try it says "an error occurred on the server. sorry it did not work out." what does that mean? ourworld is officially dead? here's a before and after screen shot.
Did oW Just Die? - Page 2 Screen10
Did oW Just Die? - Page 2 Screen11

more_horiz
Prince Adam wrote:
this is new, now when i try it says "an error occurred on the server. sorry it did not work out." what does that mean? ourworld is officially dead? here's a before and after screen shot.
Did oW Just Die? - Page 2 Screen10
Did oW Just Die? - Page 2 Screen11

i closed the client out completely then got back on. Let me logout and see if it does the same

more_horiz
well good news, i logged on too! halleluiah!

more_horiz
okay now I'm getting mad, i logged out and it's doing that too. what is going on..

more_horiz
OURWORLD IS BACK ONLINE

more_horiz
I can't even get back in XDDD

more_horiz
I shouldn't have logged out ahhh

more_horiz
i got in now..I'm afraid to log out again lmao

more_horiz
Looks like oW is up again - if this was an update, it better have been a worthy one.

more_horiz
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum