-->
GameMoor
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GameMoorLog in

Did oW Just Die?

descriptionDid oW Just Die? EmptyDid oW Just Die?

more_horiz
So I decided to check my stuff on oW not too long ago and this came up. Error codes are random, so it doesn't matter to keep track of them. Tried both versions of the client that I have (Windows and Mac), and both yield the same result.
Did oW Just Die? Unknown

Did oW just die? I know it was running fine earlier today, albeit very slowly.

descriptionDid oW Just Die? EmptyRe: Did oW Just Die?

more_horiz
xDovahOW wrote:
So I decided to check my stuff on oW not too long ago and this came up. Error codes are random, so it doesn't matter to keep track of them. Tried both versions of the client that I have (Windows and Mac), and both yield the same result.
Did oW Just Die? Unknown

Did oW just die? I know it was running fine earlier today, albeit very slowly.

Just an update on that, now I can't even get past the login screen anymore. Constantly met with the invalid sign in message.

more_horiz
I can confirm that, everybody else in the ourworld academy discord server is having problems as well. Does Czarcasm know anything?

more_horiz
Tankrawr wrote:
I can confirm that, everybody else in the ourworld academy discord server is having problems as well.

Lovely.

Tankrawr wrote:
Does Czarcasm know anything?

I haven't reached out to Czarcasm, mostly due to the fact that he's been absent from here since March 31, and the chances of him viewing this forum is slim when a topic like this could use answers practically yesterday.

more_horiz
No one's accounts seem to exist when trying. It might be over.

more_horiz
Calibri wrote:
No one's accounts seem to exist when trying. It might be over.

That's what I'm suspecting, unfortunately.

Would've been nice to have received an in-game notice of the shutdown and gave us time to pack our bags before we moved away.

more_horiz
What's the possibility of a server shutting down and losing everything?

more_horiz
Tankrawr wrote:
What's the possibility of a server shutting down and losing everything?

Well, considering ourWorld's servers are now inaccessible, I'd say that possibility is very possible, as what Calibri said, no accounts exist anymore.

more_horiz
Well, rest in peace our world it was fun while it lasted. Now we have to find another game to play I guess. This sucks there were good memories though but "it's time to move on" as the old saying goes.

more_horiz
Prince Adam wrote:
Well, rest in peace our world it was fun while it lasted. Now we have to find another game to play I guess. This sucks there were good memories though but "it's time to move on" as the old saying goes.

Guess I'm going back to AQW. Either that or RuneScape.

more_horiz
What is aqw? I heard of RuneScape but what is AQW

more_horiz
Prince Adam wrote:

AdventureQuest Worlds. It's an old MMORPG that I first started playing around, I think, 2011, back when it was in the beta phase.

more_horiz
xDovahOW wrote:
Prince Adam wrote:

AdventureQuest Worlds. It's an old MMORPG that I first started playing around, I think, 2011, back when it was in the beta phase.
i didn't even get to say goodbye to my friend, i wish they gave us a timestamp or something... Sad

more_horiz
Tankrawr wrote:
xDovahOW wrote:
Prince Adam wrote:

i didn't even get to say goodbye to my friend, i wish they gave us a timestamp or something... Sad

I was hoping for an in-game toast notification, similar to how the <Friend> is now online bubble would show up, but no. Nothing of the sort. No in-game messages, no notices, nothing.

more_horiz
welp this sucks

more_horiz
outlines wrote:
welp this sucks

Agreed. Seeing oW just drop off the face of the Earth out of nowhere kind of hit different.

Also, hi again from Zendesk!

more_horiz
I was hoping this wouldn't turn into a weeworld situation..but it seems as of rn it did.

Howdy!

more_horiz
sucks i didn't even get to say goodbye to my ow gf, rip but eh, maybe she'll understand though it'll be too much for her

more_horiz
outlines wrote:
I was hoping this wouldn't turn into a weeworld situation..but it seems as of rn it did.

Howdy!

Can't say personally on Weeworld, however this definitely has DownWorld closure vibes.

However at least with DownWorld they had the decency to publicly announce the game's last day before the game went defunct.

more_horiz
Prince Adam wrote:
sucks i didn't even get to say goodbye to my ow gf, rip but eh, maybe she'll understand though it'll be too much for her

okay so i don't know if I'm replying correctly, but i get that. I have some many memories and people I still talked to. I don't know I was hoping if the game was going to shut down that at least I can add all the other people I knew and take a look at all the old memories of some of my friends who quit the game.

more_horiz
xDovahOW wrote:
outlines wrote:

Howdy!

Can't say personally on Weeworld, however this definitely has DownWorld closure vibes.

However at least with DownWorld they had the decency to publicly announce the game's last day before the game went defunct.

Weeworld's site closed randomly while people were playing. Some assumed there was a hacker who messed up the whole site. but according to google it ceased operations in 2017 and there still has been no answer, no one knew and still don't know what happened or if the hacker thing was true, and the website is gone.

I remember being so upset when DownWorld closed, I didn't understand why it closed.

more_horiz
it'd be nice if ow gave us a countdown timer and at least let us enjoy our last few hours on there but no, they shut it down without hesitation. i mean there's imvu and other games but no thx for imvu. there's avakin life, it's alright i guess.

more_horiz
outlines wrote:
xDovahOW wrote:
outlines wrote:

Howdy!

Weeworld's site closed randomly while people were playing. Some assumed there was a hacker who messed up the whole site. but according to google it ceased operations in 2017 and there still has been no answer, no one knew and still don't know what happened or if the hacker thing was true, and the website is gone.

I remember being so upset when DownWorld closed, I didn't understand why it closed.

It closed down due to, get this, loss of revenue. It costed them [Flowplay] too much money to keep DownWorld afloat. Sound familiar?

But yeah, we've all made a lot of memories on oW. Coming from a 2009 player, I've done all kinds of stuff on oW, like hang out with friends at Sideshow watching YouTube videos, make oWMV's, you name it. It's just a shame that it all comes to an end so abruptly.

more_horiz
I play GaiaOnline, IMVU, VegasWorld..I've been trying to find other games. Second life confused me a lot

more_horiz
Prince Adam wrote:
it'd be nice if ow gave us a countdown timer and at least let us enjoy our last few hours on there but no, they shut it down without hesitation. i mean there's imvu and other games but no thx for imvu. there's avakin life, it's alright i guess.

IMVU straight up banned me for no reason. They sent me an e-mail with the topic of "temporary suspension" but with the body of "permanently banned".

Like, I messed up my log-in once and you banned me. Thanks man.

more_horiz
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum