-->
GameMoor
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GameMoorLog in

description502 Server Error Empty502 Server Error

more_horiz
Every time I try to log on to ourWorld I get this:

Error: Server Error
The server encountered a temporary error and could not complete your request.
Please try again in 30 seconds.

Is this only happening to me?

description502 Server Error EmptyRe: 502 Server Error

more_horiz
Nope. It's happening to EVERYONE.

more_horiz
yup, same here, basically everyone, and it'd be nice to know why, but i doubt anyone's getting any answer's any time soon 😫

more_horiz
I can't seem to make this problem occur, but I'll keep trying. In the meantime, I'll send a message to the engineers to see if they can find any issues with the servers. Thanks!

more_horiz
The engineers just reported that some issues were fixed over the last few days.

If you're still seeing a problem, please post the URL you're using, or which mobile app you're using, or if you're playing on Facebook or on another partner site.

more_horiz
Ty Czar! Seems to be fixed now. (:

more_horiz
As of yesterday, it started once again!
I'm playing straight on pc.
https://www.ourworld.com/ow/?env=home

more_horiz
It's still happening.I was able to get to the login screen after like 6 or 7 tried but immediately after 'logging in' I got the 502 message again.

more_horiz
It just happened to me as well. However, the error doesn't appear when using the http link instead of the https. It seems using the http link usually fixes these kinds of login problems, though it'll cost you your connection security...

Edit: And just like that, the error disappears! Are we being watched...?

more_horiz
Wait, players are using HTTPS? I haven't heard anything about that since last year. I think it blocked players from connecting to Facebook, and maybe had other issues. I'll check with the engineers to see if you should be using HTTP or HTTPS.

more_horiz
Okay, it appears we do support HTTPS, and we're surprised the 502's are still happening. They can try to track down the problem using your IP, so if you still get this error, please PM me the URL you're using and your IP when the problem occurred. Thanks!

more_horiz
It's been happening to me for a couple days.. How did you guys fix it??

more_horiz
Summary

The server errors were happening because of a large amount of requests being made
from players using tools to test for vulnerable accounts with login requests, ourWorld
made changes that broke the tools being used and because most of them can't code
and nobody has made them new tools, the requests to the server went down, the server
isn't getting overloaded and the server errors are no more.

I invite Czarcasm to prove me wrong.

A bit more in depth

This transparency virtually non-existent. 502 server errors most likely happened due to a large amount of people
doing password attacks (specifically combo listing) on ourWorld, creating hundreds of requests per second against
the server. This stopped when ourWorld made changes to what was required to authenticate/even test a login on ourWorld
and that broke almost all the scripts/tools people used to make requests to ourWorld, so instead of "this account login works"
they would also just recieve "Error" or "403 forbidden" to the tools.

more_horiz
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum