-->
GameMoor
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GameMoorLog in

descriptionUnpopular Opinion Game EmptyUnpopular Opinion Game

more_horiz
feels like we need more forum games so i've got one for u guys

- state an unpopular opinion (doesn't have to be your own unpopular opinion)
- political, racist, sexist, etc opinion are not condoned, but i hope u all already know that

example:

person 1: cats are ugly

person 2: disagree
ice cream should be eaten for breakfast

person 3: agree
insert unpopular opinion

i'll start:
rock music is better than pop music

descriptionUnpopular Opinion Game EmptyRe: Unpopular Opinion Game

more_horiz
I think this topic can get very ugly and disrespectful very quickly, unfortunately. Even with rules, not everyone follows them. It's great in idea, but unfortunately I'm not sure how well this would be executed, due to a major variety of people who believe in a vast amount of things.

more_horiz
Savabagel wrote:
I think this topic can get very ugly and disrespectful very quickly, unfortunately. Even with rules, not everyone follows them. It's great in idea, but unfortunately I'm not sure how well this would be executed, due to a major variety of people who believe in a vast amount of things.

lol dude this forum game has existed on so many forums, even forums for KIDS, like 10 year olds.... this game is literally harmless as long as ppl follow the rules

more_horiz
With a pretty un-moderated forum right now, I'm just saying that this topic could turn ugly. If you disagree with me, that is fine. However, it's just best to show some precaution. Smile Smile Smile

more_horiz
Savabagel wrote:
With a pretty un-moderated forum right now, I'm just saying that this topic could turn ugly. If you disagree with me, that is fine. However, it's just best to show some precaution. Smile Smile Smile

lol its up to the ouRwoRlD CoMmUniTy to make sure everyone is nice

more_horiz
Both the replies up above actually made me think of an unpopular opinion: people are allowed to agree with points from both sides of a topic.

I see a lot of people online start fights with those who agree with their opinions overall, but may have a spicy small detail that they disagree on- but I see a lot of people with an "all or nothing attitude" as if we aren't humans with complex emotions.

For instance, with the topic above- I agree with both users. I agree that this type of forum topic can DEFINITELY become ugly if someone has an unpopular opinion on anything controversial, or if someone's unpopular opinion is that they aren't a fan of something that has very vocal fan within the ourWorld forum community.
However, I also agree that is is all of our responsibility to make sure we are kind to one another. Giving unpopular opinions is fun, and I believe it is up to us to be responsible for our own actions and words<3

Thus- my opinion. Humans are complex, and we can often have more than one hot take regarding one topic. I feel like a lot of people nowadays have lost sight of that.
I hope I explained that correctly, I'm not great with words or explanations.

I hope this encourages others to give some unpopular opinions c:

more_horiz
unpopular opinion: extremely spicy food sucks ass, why do you want to be in pain while you eat? even if your mouth is adjusted to the heat, your other end sure isn't.
& i'm not saying necessarily all spicy food is bad, just things that exist just to be spicy: e.g. hot cheetos, hot fries, unnecessarily spicy ramen noodles, hot sauces made from the world's hottest peppers.

more_horiz
ocean wrote:
unpopular opinion: extremely spicy food sucks ass, why do you want to be in pain while you eat? even if your mouth is adjusted to the heat, your other end sure isn't.
& i'm not saying necessarily all spicy food is bad, just things that exist just to be spicy: e.g. hot cheetos, hot fries, unnecessarily spicy ramen noodles, hot sauces made from the world's hottest peppers.

I agree- I love spicy food but for me it needs to also have very good flavor. If it's literally only spice, and nothing else, then I'm not into it.
That being said, I love the flavor of hot cheetos and hot funyuns, and hot fries. They have heat, but they also have a distinct flavor to me.
Anything ghost pepper flavored? Usually bad. To me ghost peppers aren't even super spicy, only because I grew up eating spicy food (maybe thats another unpopular opinion: ghost peppers aren't very hot) but they usually taste like dookie.

more_horiz
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum